Saturday 24 March 2018

Always look up

Here if you ever needed it, is another of those simple lessons in always looking up.

I have passed these buildings so many times and have never really looked up to admire them.

Usually I am hurrying past and get no further than garish mix of signage at ground level.

Although I do have to admit for a while in the late 1970s and early ‘80s I regularly called in at Grassroots the alternative book shop.

But then the demands of a young family precluded leisurely saunters through town on Saturday mornings, and then when I did go back the bookshop had gone.

Still the buildings are there and in the March sunlight Andy caught them at their best.

Now I do have to confess to being a tad lazy and have not gone looking for their history, but someone will know it and tell me.

Location; Manchester

Pictures; Always look up, 2018, from the collection of Andy Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment